Here is a list of 10 ways that you can get new people onto your email list. Most are obvious but you just have to be creative to take advantage of them.
1. Call all past clients and tell them you would like to start ending the information and need their email address.
2. Whenever you are speaking to someone and see an interest in real estate be sure to tell them that you have a special email information list that allows them to get information and at the same time is unobtrusive as possible, stress great info.
3. Go through all of the mounds of business cards that you have including the ones from Realtors that you have met at conventions and personally email them telling them about your email lists and why thy would be interested in joining. Do not add them to your email lists until they send back a confirmation that they are interested.
4. Place ads on community related websites asking people to sign up for a special list for email information or a special report. When doing this a paid ad can be very to the point and a little aggressive.
5. Get involved with community based message boards and make yourself the Real Estate guru and specialist. When people trust you they will sign up for your newsletters and lists. On many message boards you can have a signature and in this signature you can put your opt-in page web address as a link.
6. On your website you can utilize the following things to get people to subscribe. You can have a form that people can fill in to join your list. You can have a subscription box to your newsletter and automatically add them based on the page they subscribe from to a specific mail list.
7. Use Give aways on your website and within emails or ads. You can offer free reports and have them sign up to receive the free report. This report will of course let you know what they are most interested in for a mailing list.
8. Have a contest. For a contest you can of course have some kind of contest at any function lets say for a kids bike or a household appliance that people can join the contest and give their name an email address and of course a check box to opt-in to your real estate mailing lists.
9. On your print newsletter have an article that lets people know exactly what is included in your email newsletter and mailing lists and have them sign up for one of these lists by simply emailing you.
10. Become a community real estate specialist. Write articles for a local newspaper or community newsletter even if it is a paid ad and in showing your knowledge in those articles you will be able to have people come to your site to sign up for your newsletters and mailing lists.